The CSCS practice test below is meant to test your knowledge on working at heights, quite a large number of accidents recorded in the UK involves working at heights it’s essential for workers who carry out tasks above or below the ground to have some basic training on working with ladders and they should have a good understanding about the correct PPE needed for working at heights.
If you think you’re confident on how to work safely at height give our CSCS practice test a try, there are ten mock test questions and only answer is correct. Good Luck.
1. How many points of contact should you have with a ladder at all times?
C . 3
2. What should you do to make sure your ladder doesn’t slip?
A. Place a piece of wood to stop it
B. Have someone hold both rails at all times
C. Tie the top of the ladder
D. Let someone stand on the bottom rung
3. If you want to avoid people from falling through fragile roof panels what should you do?
A. Don’t allow them near it
B. Try to cover the panels with a material that can take the weight
C. Stop them from working in groups
D. Inform them which panels are fragile
4. Which of these would you not put a mobile tower scaffold on?
A. An abandoned parking lot
B. A concrete walkway
C. An uneven playground
D. An asphalt road
5. Crossing a fragile roof requires you to?
A. Run across quickly
B. Slowly walk across
C. Use crawling boards
D. Know where the fragile roof signs are
6. Checking a ladder before use should be done by?
A. Your supervisor
B. Your health and safety rep
C. The person about to use it
D. The site manager
7. What should you do if you discover a broken ladder?
A. Attempt to fix it
B. Continue using it but stay clear of the broken part
C. Report it at the end of your shift
D. Inform all workers that the ladder is broken
8. It’s not wise to paint a ladder because?
A. It could hide damaged parts
B. The paint could distract anyone using the ladder
C. The paint will cause the ladder to rust
D. The shiny paint could reflect in your eyes
9. At what height are you considered to be working at heights?
A. 10 ft above ground level
B. 3 ft above ground level
C. Any distance above or below ground level
D. 5 ft above ground level
10. Should two people work on a same ladder at the same time?
A. Yes, only if you’re behind time
C. Yes, if your supervisor says it’s ok
D. Yes, only if all other ladders are taken
Category: CSCS Mock Test